renaming desktop icons

morris948 10:07 20 Nov 03

Hello
I have a P11 350Mhz running win XP pro, i cant seem to alter the wordwrap spacing on the desktop icon names, they all appear for example:-

'My computer' appears as 'my Comp....'
'Recycle bin' appears as ' Recyc.....'

I tried changing the horizontal and vertical spacings as well as the text sizing.

My other WinXP PC can accept up to 12 charachters before wraping to the next line when renaming, can anyone help with this mystery?

AubreyS 10:14 20 Nov 03

What is the size of the text in the box? Mine is set at 8 and the font type is Tahoma.

morris948 10:47 20 Nov 03

The text is as you describe, set at 8 and font is tahoma, if i change the font size it does allow more words to fit, but its to small to read.

What defines the size of the text box that the icon name is written?

bretsky 19:25 20 Nov 03

I tried altering these font sizes etc and found that they altered the font sizes in outlook express spell check boxes, fonts were too big and overcrowding the text boxes so it looked dreadful, also it affected my wab boxes as well, so I stuck to tahoma size 10....using winxp home ed sp1, in xp style.......good luck ....Bretsky

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…