Rename Thumbnail Puzzle?

Ponkin 13:19 02 Jun 03

Win ME. Choosing to rename a thumbnail in "My Pictures" the Thumbnail is replaced with a three colour dot ikon which is called 'File' when I click on Properties. The new ikon is not recognised by photoshop.I am unable to find an ikon called 'File' in folder options.Any ideas out there please.Thanks

Pesala 17:55 02 Jun 03

In Windows Explorer, Tools Menu, Folder Options, View, Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types." I suspect that this will reveal that you have somehow changed the file extension for those files while renaming them. Photoshop will expect the correct file extension or it will not be able to recognise the file to open it. Should be *.PSD or something like that I believe, but I don't have Photoshop.

Ponkin 18:34 02 Jun 03

Thanks Pesala.However,that box was unchecked.
I did not mention previously that a preview still generates with a single click and will open with the chosen application.
It seems as if the jpeg specification reverts to some other form,it certainly loses that description.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…