REN booster for phone line.

Meshuga 19:11 13 Mar 04

Normally the maximum REN capacity you can have on a phone line is 4 which effectively means you cannot have more than 4 phones rated at 1 ren each
or other similar pieces of equipment. There is on the market a REN booster which plugs into the phone circuit and into the mains and which gives you up to 10 ren. has anyone used one of these or have any knowledge of their efficiency please.Meshuga.

I have used one and they work fine. At the end of the day its only a power supply. Have a look at click here stock code TE0356266

Meshuga 12:57 14 Mar 04

Many thanks Gazzer99, Have ordered one. Regards, Meshuga.

SEASHANTY 13:44 14 Mar 04

The price appears to have increased at £38-82. Think I paid around £25 for mine from the BT Shop but that was a few years ago. Still working fine.
click here

Stuartli 13:52 14 Mar 04

I have a cordless main/master phone, an answering machine, two extensions and a modem and have no problems.

My connection speeds are 49.2kbps with Tiscali and 51-52kbps with Pipex (a superior ISP), which are about 5-7kbps higher than friends living within a few hundred yards who are also with Tiscali, beeb.net etc...:-)

Meshuga 13:58 14 Mar 04

Many thanks SEASHANTY And Stuartli.Regards, Meshuga.

Bagsey 14:29 14 Mar 04

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…