Remving Google search drop down list

freefx 11:04 15 Feb 03

Does anybody know how to remove past entries from the Google search drop down list?

VoG™ 11:08 15 Feb 03

Click the down arrow to the right of "google". Click "Clear Search History".

1832bchs 11:09 15 Feb 03

Click on the arrow head next to where it says "Google", you will see loads of options. "Clear search history" is one of them.

leedaz 11:12 15 Feb 03

freefx, to delete 1 item, use arrow keys to drop down the list until the item is highlighted in blue, then press Delete key.
To remove all, you need to use Auto Complete.

In Internet Explorer, click Tools, select Internet Options. On the Content tab click Auto Complete, and clear forms. (Warning, this will delete all,not just Google)

leedaz 11:18 15 Feb 03

VoG™ & 1832bchs, your solution sounds simple but I can't find the Arrow you are talking about, where is that?

VoG™ 11:22 15 Feb 03

I'm assuming that we are talking about the Google toolbar for IE. At the left of that there is a coloured "Google" with the arrow immediately to the right.

leedaz 11:27 15 Feb 03

VoG™, I've gotca now..Never used it tho'
I was referring to website. #:~)

1832bchs 11:33 15 Feb 03

Soory, can't help there. I also thought you were referring to the Toolbar, which in my humble opinion is the most useful add-on I have got on my machine.click here

1832bchs 11:34 15 Feb 03

Perhaps a spell checker would be a help as well???

freefx 18:29 15 Feb 03

thank you all for the solutions.

Sorry for late reply as i been away from my PC all day

Thansk again all

Legolas 18:44 15 Feb 03

click in the google search box on their web site all your past search terms will appear put your mouse pointer over an entry and it will turn blue do not click the mouse once the entry has turned blue press the delete button on your keyboard and hey presto the entry will disappear just repeat for each entry you want to delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…