Removing your Norton program using SymNRT

powerless 16:41 27 Aug 05

click here

A tool from Symantec that will remove only certain products.

If your product is not listed then scroll to the bottom.

***SymNRT is a program that can remove some Norton software from your computer. SymNRT runs on Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows 2000, and Windows XP.

SymNRT should be used only if you have tried to uninstall the Norton program using Windows Add/Remove Programs and that did not work.***

Taff36 16:48 27 Aug 05

Excellent Tool. I have used it when Add/Remove appears not to have worked. (When I went to install another anti-virus it wouldn`t function correctly) Using SymNRT cleared it out. DO CHECK that it`s applicable to your Norton Product - For NAV 2003 or prior for example there is a different tool that also works faultlessly.

Jackcoms 17:08 27 Aug 05

"For NAV 2003 or prior for example there is a different tool that also works faultlessly".

Which can be found here click here

pj123 17:13 27 Aug 05

Having used that and cleared everything Norton off my system I have just tried to install Norton Systemworks 2003 (again). Everything went fine. Install was successful. There is an icon on my Desktop "Norton Systemworks" but if I double click it all I get is: "Unable to start the integrator. Please reboot and try again. If this fails, please contact technical support"

I went to my next door neighbour and tried it on his PC and it is working perfectly.

So, why won't it work on my PC?

sattman 20:29 27 Aug 05

Delete the faulty shortcut icon on your desktop and navigate to the New System Works find the ----.exe for System Works and create a new shortcut./

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…