removing xp upgrade

onmehed 21:00 06 Jun 03

hi can anyone help me, i have just discovered that my copy of XP that a "friend" installed is a copy and i want to remove it asap so i can use my legit copy of 98 that the xp was upgraded from, im relatively new to all this but i dont want pirated software on my pc but i dont want to have to format my hdd either, how do i remove xp upgrade? Can anyone help.

Thanks.

AndySD 21:02 06 Jun 03

Start then Settings then Control Panel its in Add/Remove Programs

onmehed 21:28 06 Jun 03

Andy thanks for the response, did what you said, but there is now uninstall file for xp in add remove programmes, i cant see it anywhere, have tried search for an uninstall file for it but its simply not there, this is apparantly an upgrade version ofxp proffesional if that helps. Once again tahnks for the quick response

AndySD 21:40 06 Jun 03

If Uninstall Windows XP is not in the list of installed programs, you must manually reinstall Windows 98. If this is the case, make sure to back up all of your critical data before you reinstall Windows 98 click here

click here How to Manually Remove Windows XP and Restore Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows Millennium

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…