Removing wireless network set up on laptop

I have been trying to set up my work laptop to access a home (NAS) server and used one of the various microsoft windows (XP) wizards to add the laptop to a wireless infrastructure (access point) home network I was trying to set up at home.

The work laptop normally logs on to my work network when back at work.

Its now screwed the laptop and it wont access my home broadband connection anymore - it will connect but reports "limited or no connectivity". Web pages wont open - saying cannot find....

I'd simply like to undo and go back to what I had before. I am a relative novice when it comes to home networks.........

Any advice/guidance appreciated.

Thanks.

Taff36 07:47 24 Oct 05

Is the laptop wireless enabled or did you use either a USB adapter or Wireless card? I can`t see that you should have a problem because what you have described is exactly what wireless connections should do. Which laptop have you got?

To remove the home connection you need to open the laptops wireless connection user interface and delete the home connection from the "profile" - that will stop it trying to connect. However I am sure it`s something simple to resolve - just post back and we`ll try!

The laptop is a Dell D600
Yes it is wireless enabled.....

It connects to the wirless ok and reports excellent signal strength, but there's no internet connectivity. I just tried the coventional ethernet cable to the router and it connects fine, and is online to the internet as normal.

Taff36 08:34 24 Oct 05

Temporarily disable the ethernet (LAN) connection when you are using wireless. Go to Connections and right click then disable. Now does it connect?

Thanks Taff.....

I'll try this later tonight and get back.

Managed to fix in the end... by deleting all previously connected wireless networks in the historical list. It then found my home wireless network again.....and I reentered the WEP key and hey presto connected as normal.

Thanks,
Nick

Taff36 10:36 26 Oct 05

So you didn`t have to disable the ethernet connection after all?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…