Removing Windows XP from Vista PC?

Klodshans 14:35 23 Feb 09

I bought a Packard Bell PC2469 end December 2006 with Windows XP and the free upgrade to Vista Premium. When Vista was available I got the software and installed it. During the installation a message appeared that upgrade couldn’t be carried out but that a complete Vista installation was necessary. The old operating system was put into a folder called “Windows.old”. The installation was completed and I have had no problems with it.

However, during this process my hard disk was divided into “C” (30Gb) and “D” (111Gb). All programs were put on the C drive including the “Windows.old” folder. All my own files and documents are on drive D. I am now running out of space on drive C, only 2.8 Gb left. I have always carried out regular disk cleanups and defrags. Now when I clean up, I get an option to include “old operating systems”. Will it be safe to delete the “Windows.old” folder with all it’s files? This would free up 5 Gb and solve my problems. If not can I just move it to drive D?

Anybody got any advice, Please???

Fingees 17:12 23 Feb 09

Yes it will not affect Vista, as the old folder is not used.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…