removing windows xp setup program at startup

Suzuki ITFC 16:11 06 Dec 04

I am havng the same problem as click here but this post was not answered. How do I remove it?

Danoh 16:18 06 Dec 04

If the XP installation has progressed sufficiently, you will have an active primary partition which is picked up and used when you switch your PC on.

The only way I know how is to remove that active primary partition with FDISK, reformat and repartition, then install your previous Operating System, whatever that was.

Suzuki ITFC 16:23 06 Dec 04

The setup hadn't put any files on the hard drive, it had only just started.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:25 06 Dec 04

If you are not going to install XP then what operating system are you going to use?

WIN98 or ME?

Have you got a boot disk (floppy for either of these systems?

Sethhaniel 16:25 06 Dec 04

run the xp install again -
I recently had to reload a windows 98 and the installation froze at a certain point four times - but then went in cler on fifth attempt - - perservier a bit longer it may pay off ;)

Suzuki ITFC 16:30 06 Dec 04

I am using Windows Xp Media Center and accidently started installing windows xp pro now when I start up it goes onto the windows xp setup program.

Sethhaniel 08:27 07 Dec 04

can you on boot select F8 and start an earlier 'good config'

Suzuki ITFC 12:52 07 Dec 04

Solution for anyone with same Problem:
Right Click My Computer
Select Properties
Click on Advanced Tab
Clcik on settings button under Startup and Recovery then change default operating system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…