Removing Windows ME desktop image

RoA 21:13 17 Nov 04

Can anyone help with an annoying problem I have with a laptop running windows ME. I have recently replaced a personalised desktop image with another one. When I am booting up (or closing down) the old image appears for a period. It disappears as the laptop boots up fully and I get the new image. I have removed all traces of it from C/Windows/Web/Wallpaper but it keeps appearing. Not a serious problem but damned annoying! Any help gratefully received.

GrahamP 22:21 17 Nov 04

Are there any other copies of that old image on your drives?

GrahamP 22:22 17 Nov 04

Are you setup for multiple users. The old image may be still active for the default.

RoA 10:43 18 Nov 04

Hi Graham
No other copies as far as I can ascertain - I have done a search of all *.jpg images. Also no other users of the laptop.

GrahamP 12:33 18 Nov 04

I'm grabbing at straws here but could it be installed as the windows splash screen?

click here for instructions on changing/disabling

GrahamP 12:36 18 Nov 04

On further reading this looks like a more exact description/workround for your problem click here;en-us;297186

GrahamP 12:37 18 Nov 04

Here's that link again click here

RoA 12:55 18 Nov 04

GrahamP
Excellent man - problem sorted. many thanks.
RoA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…