Removing Wanadoo icon fro menu bar

anskyber 08:11 26 May 06

I have changed ISP, I have gone the opposite route to many and migrated to Zen. ( a great decision but more costly)

Nonetheless (and I realise this will sound pathetic) I have been left with the flashing "W" for Wanadoo on internet pages, the icon sits at the far right hand end of the menu bar. Can I get rid of it?

Gongoozler 08:18 26 May 06

Does this do what you want click here

VoG II 08:19 26 May 06

Try this:

Start, Run, type in

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

exactly as written and click OK.

anskyber 08:28 26 May 06

Thanks both. Please forgive my amateur status here. I tried VoG™ solution and its still there.

Gongoozler, my skills are not great how do I initiate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

Gongoozler 08:36 26 May 06

Hi anskyber. First, just in case you make a mistake set a restore point Start - All programs - Accessories - System tools - System restore.

Next click Start - Run and type in regedit and click OK. You will now be in the registry editor which works very much like Windows Explorer.

anskyber 08:51 26 May 06

Thanks. I was just in the process of doing as you suggest when the logo disappeared in favour of the windows logo! I had performed the create system restore point but it seems I do not need to do any more. Thank you both once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…