removing a user account

bluenote 12:43 08 Jan 09

I was recomended to create a new user account to try to solve a problem .it didn't work now i can't see how to remove it.

DippyGirl 12:55 08 Jan 09

Vista -
Log onto an Admin A/c
Control panel > User Accounts > Manage accounts
Double click what needs to go
Should see an option to Delete

XP
Control panel > User Accounts
Highlight and Remove

Taff™ 12:56 08 Jan 09

You need to log onto the computer with another User Account that has admin rights. Then delete it from there. What was the problem you had?

bluenote 13:04 08 Jan 09

i am unable to send emails from my windows mail,although i can from my laptop and my xp dual boot using the same connection.it would appear that my windows mail has become corrupted .

Taff™ 13:15 08 Jan 09

I can`t see how setting up a new user account would have helped. I suggest that perhaps the e-mail account had become corrupted but the first solution would be to remove the e-mail account and set up a new one. (Tools Accounts, select the corrupt one and delete it) Check the settings on one of the other machines and write them all down to duplicate them on the problem machine.

bluenote 13:16 08 Jan 09

removed ,thanks for that .but i still have the original problem ,although partly cured using thunderbird .

Taff™ 13:17 08 Jan 09

By the way, I assume you could receive mail but not send. Often this is down to the setting for the outgoing server requiring authentication. Who is your ISP?

bluenote 13:22 08 Jan 09

i have done that several times to no effect.the on ly thing i have not tried is to uninstall windows mail and allow it to reinstall on reboot.mainly because i cant find the program file, and even if i did windows may not allow it.

bluenote 13:29 08 Jan 09

metronet.i have a dual boot system with XP ,also my laptop running vista both with no problem sending and receiving from the same connection.this problem suddenly happened three or four days ago.

bluenote 13:43 08 Jan 09

I think that i have cracked it .i was putting smpt.xxxx as instructed .when i changed it to smtp.xxx it started working .thanks for input taff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…