removing unwanted exe file

jayatissa 14:38 21 Aug 11

there is au unwanted exe file in most of the folders I have opened recently when I am in the University. When double click the file it opens and says email message from [email protected] with a heading EMVITRC-PC is coming. I think this file is spreading automatically. How can I stop it spreading and remove it. Tried erase by selecting all but eraser is not working. Advises are highly appreciated.

Graphicool1 14:55 21 Aug 11

Do a system scan with your anti-virus programme.

jayatissa 17:27 21 Aug 11

System scan did not help. Can you suggest a method to remove files with same extension in every folder at once. The file's extension is .eml or suggest amethod to remove EMVITRC-PC.eml file from all folders at once. this is the name of the file copied to all folders automatically.

rdave13 19:13 21 Aug 11

Try running Stinger .

rdave13 19:21 21 Aug 11

PS running it in safe mode would be better.

jayatissa 19:14 22 Aug 11

Stringer detected few more trojans, etc. But I removed the .eml files in all shared folders manually deleting in safe mode first. Thereafter run stringer and it worked. Now problem solved I belive. Thank you very much for your valuble contributions.

rdave13 20:45 22 Aug 11

Glad it worked. I'd certainly think about sharing folders with others and also make it a routine to scan borrowed usb flash drives before opening them. Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nvidia Titan X release date, price and specs UK: Nvidia's new Titan X GP102 for 2016 launching on 2t…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This Superman ride is a real rollercoaster that you wear a VR headset on

Apple 12-inch MacBook review (2016): A question of port