Removing unwanted box asking to save password.

cruiser2 09:08 AM 18 Feb 13

When I open my email or other web sites I am now getting a small box in the top LH corner which states" Would you like to remember the password for ####### on ######". There is a key on the left of the box. It means I have to cancel this every time as I do not want my password saved.I have several different passwords, depending which email address or web site I am opening. I have Adblock installed but it isn't stopping this.

Secret-Squirrel 09:23 AM 18 Feb 13

Are you using the Firefox browser? If you are then go into FF's "Options", click the "Security" tab, untick the "Remember passwords for sites" option then click the "OK" button.

mgmcc 09:27 AM 18 Feb 13

Is this in Firefox? If so, go to "Tools > Options", select the "Security" tab and untick the box Remember Passwords for sites.

" I do not want my password saved.I have several different passwords, depending which email address or web site I am opening"

It does of course remember the correct Username & Password for whichever site you're accessing.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites