Removing "uninstalled" program files.

bonzo2 07:32 21 Aug 07

I have uninstalled Norton Internet Security 2006 using Add/Remove facility. There is now no Norton/ Symantec program in the Add/Remove list or in the All Programs list.
However, when I do a Search for Norton/Symantec there are a few files remaining, mostly in folders in My Documents.
Does anyone know if I can safely DELETE these, or is there another way to get rid of them?
The new security program, Kaspersky, seems to be working OK.I am using Windows XP, SP2.

Taff™ 07:48 21 Aug 07

What are the folders and files called? I would put them in the recycle bin for a week in case you need them back but I doubt it.

Probabilitydrive 08:29 21 Aug 07

Norton has a dedicated uninstall tool for removal of its products click here

Make sure that XP firewall is turned off when you have Kaspersky on your system. On my Vista system the Win firewal was not turned off after I installed Kaspersky 7.

cooki8c 13:22 22 Aug 07

I find that I go to search and type in the program name that I un installed there are files related to the prog I uninstalled whish I can remove to the dust bin and as already mentioned leave then there for a few days to see if they affect other progs
cooki8c

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac