removing toolbar + website

dublin lad 20:14 16 Oct 04

im running 98me 766
i have al of a sudden got this toolbar appearing when i open any window i disable it and reapears plus internet home page i have pc advisdor sent as my default but it is been replaced with click here, i delete it but it comes back every time same as the toolbar , ihave searched my computer but can not find anything.
Please some advice from someone

Thanks

MAJ 22:08 16 Oct 04

Hello the Dubs

Download, install, update and run Adaware SE click here it should get rid of it for you.

sidecar sid 23:09 16 Oct 04

As MAJ says download and update Adaware also download and update Spybot click here

Before you run them

Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
Double click ADD/Remove Programs.
In the program list, navigate to 'SBSoft', click Change/Remove.
Follow the on screen prompt to uninstall it.

Next disable system restore then run Adaware and Spybot and delete everyting they find

marjted 09:05 17 Oct 04

A friend of mine had exactly the same problem - Ad-aware didn't touch it. In the end he e-mailed Iwantsearch and they gave him instructions on how to remove it! Most helpful.
Fact can be stranger than fiction.

Sorry don't know what the instructions were, will ask for you and post later if you haven't solved it by then.

VoG II 09:32 17 Oct 04
  GANDALF <|:-)> 10:52 17 Oct 04

Uninstall Instructions:

To uninstall newest version of IWantSearch plugin please go to START -> Settings -> Control Panel -> ADD/Remove Programs and Uninstall "SBSoft".

To uninstall the older version of IwantSearchPlugin please click on the following link click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…