Removing TKBELL from startup sequence

Dan the Confused 21:40 28 Apr 04

I have RealPlayer installed, which I quite like but it keeps putting TKBELL (Real Scheduler thingy) into my startup sequence even after I've removed it.

Is there a registry fix for this?

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:05 28 Apr 04

(1) Start RealOne Player

(2) Tools -> Preferences

(3) Automatic services in the Categories pane

(4) Uncheck all options and then OK.

G

Mike2002 22:11 28 Apr 04

I used to have Real Player for about 3 years without any problems but, after doing my last reformat and re-install of Windows 98SE, Real Player would play alright, but displayed an illegal error message every time I closed it down.
It refused to open again until I restarted. So I installed Real One, even though it's much larger, and I don't need the CD burning facilities bundled with it. There's no such entry for TKBell in my Startup list, but if you go to Google.com and type in * tkbell +real +player * you'll find a few queries from other users complaining about the same problem. Ignore the 'Incorrect spelling' message that Google asks you.

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:13 28 Apr 04

I am led to believe that if you download Real Player from the BBC radio website, it has no adverts etc. ;-)))

G

frazky 22:28 28 Apr 04

you may like ..
click here

or use google

Dan the Confused 23:06 28 Apr 04

Thanks for the input all, but Gandalf was right - I just had to disable messaging centre (I must have unchecked the others a while back).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…