Removing Taskbar icons

mikegm7 14:07 08 Jun 04

I have far too many programmes shown running in my taskbar. HOw can I stop these from showing themselves. Thanks in advance

Jackcoms 14:12 08 Jun 04

Right click in the task bar and choose Customise Notifications.

Under Behaviour you have 3 options for everthing that's showing in your Task Bar. Left click on whatever behaviour is showing at the moment and a drop down menu will appear.

inneedofhelp 14:12 08 Jun 04

right click each program and open the prefrences, these shoulde be(not always) and option to disable it from the task bar. Failing that, just right click it to close them, or failing that run msconfig and disable these from starting up.

smudge101 23:54 08 Jun 04

Is it a case of too many icons showing in the system tray or is it that you have too many programms running on start up?
If it is the latter, then you should be able to select which programs that you do not want to start automatically. Click on START and then on RUN, in the dialogue box type MSCONFIG and then choose the startup tab, this will list all programs starting up with windows, untick the ones that you do not want to start with windows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…