Removing Supanet popup

jwilly 12:32 08 May 03

I have just bought a Time computer, with which I am very pleased.
It has one annoying problem, however. Everytime I boot up there is a nag/popup, inviting me to register with Supanet for e-mail and net facilities.
I have searched for Supanet files, but the system will not allow me to delete these.
Is there a work around??
Thanks

expertec 14:21 08 May 03

You should try Lavasoft Ad-Aware click here and also Spybot Search & Destroy click here

Foolsbane_1 15:57 08 May 03

It is a long time since I did this but I think the file you need to remove is called 'signup'.

canard 17:17 08 May 03

To stop the pop up go to start- accessories- system tools- system information. Choose the tools tab then the system configuration utility and then the startup tab.
Look down the list for netline user and uncheck its box. This will get rid of the irritation by l stopping it starting.

jwilly 20:19 08 May 03

Canard,
The tools tab on system information lists Net Diagnostics, System Restore, File Signature Verification Utility,DirectX Diagnostiv Tool and DR Watson, but no system configuration utility or netline user. Under System Summary there is a Software Environment, with Startup Programs,but listed under these there is nothing that I can see that relates to Supanet.Any other ideas??
Thanks for your response
jwilly

canard 23:40 08 May 03

jwilly I'm on Win98 andd presumably you're on XP.
Internet registration and netcheck are what you want to uncheck/disable[no mention of supanet please note].The latter, which causes the popup lives in windows explorer C:\program files\Internet Explorer\Connection and is an icon consisting of a black square with a yellow star set in it and looks rather sinister.
Typing msconfig into run will also give system configuration with a startup tab where you should find every item that loads on startup and have the option to untick ones you don't want.
You must have a startup list somewhere but may need an XP XPert to guide you.

canard 00:08 09 May 03

click here?
This page details how to disable startup progs in all win OS.
It should solve your prob- hope so and good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…