Removing registry entries

BigRik 23:05 07 Feb 06

Good evening all.

Some time ago, I deleted avast! antivirus as I was having issues with my system. I also, for a trial period, used HDD Life until I discovered Everest Home Edition.

Earlier today, I was running the Belarc Advisor tool when I noticed that, under the antivirus section, avast! is still being shown under my current antivirus (Zonealarm).

I'm using 2 reg cleaners, Regseeker and CCleaner. When I looked in Regseeker, there are still 37 entries relating to avast! and 1 for Hdd Life. Firstly, as I deleted these programs, why haven't the reg cleaners got rid of the (presumably) useless entries; and secondly, is it safe to remove all entries relating to avast!, HDD Life or indeed any other piece of software I have deleted?

Thanks for any advice.

skidzy 23:24 07 Feb 06

Try this.....click here

skidzy 23:24 07 Feb 06

this..click here

Strawballs 00:07 08 Feb 06
  fly_boy_201 00:15 08 Feb 06

Was a freeby on a PCA DVD a few months back. I am normally very weary of free software but I read up on it and tried it.
I have to be honest and say that it appears to be very, very good. I have kept with the free version and not run live update. I run it weekly and after installs and uninstalls.
No system problems after 2 months of using.
Registry Mechanic Version 4.0.0.116

BigRik 23:35 08 Feb 06

Thanks for your help guys.

Admittedly I haven't tried WinASO or Registry Mechanic yet, but I have tried Regcleaner. It found HDD Life, and a couple of other software remnants, but didn't pick up a single entry for avast!.

In my original posting, can anyone answer the questions between "I'm using 2 reg cleaners..." and "...software I have deleted?"?

I'm trying to ascertain whether I can type in old entries in Regseeker and just delete them without any detrimental effect to anything else.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…