Removing programs from start up

kebabnemesis 09:20 03 Sep 04

When I boot my pc a pre installed program asks me to register for an internet connection. How do I remove this from my pc?

Diodorus Siculus 09:24 03 Sep 04

start _ run _ msconfig _startup tab

untick the relevant program to stop it from loading. Check also the startup folder.

If you know the program, try uninstalling it.

Cesar 09:26 03 Sep 04

Go to start>Run type msconfig ok click on the startup programmes Tab and uncheck the box with the programme you wish to stop at startup.

Sethhaniel 09:34 03 Sep 04

startup tab - untick program there - save - reboot

Look at file name then search and remove it also

techpro 09:35 03 Sep 04

Install Mike Lin's Startup Control Panel from click here or a PCA CD.

mbp 10:55 03 Sep 04

techpro: It looks like a nifty program. Have you been happy using it? Why is it better than the Start>Run>Msconfig>StartUp way of doing it? Have you found it stable?

techpro 11:42 03 Sep 04

It's one of my essentials. It's better than MSConfig as it allows you to edit and test the startup items as well as disable them. Disabled items are placed in a deleted folder from where you can delete or permanently remove them. MSConfig only allows you to disable things for diagnostic purposes. Once you've disabled anything it says you're in Diagnostic mode and the only way to permanently remove disabled items is by manual editing.

For the ultimate in startup control try Startup Inspector from click here . This one even tells you what the startup programs are, if you aren't sure about them.

2neat 12:27 03 Sep 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…