removing a programme

Daiol 14:28 04 Jan 07

Hi,Just before xmas i bought my grandchilldren a set of geographical dvd set to make calendars cards etc.So before i packed it up ready to send it to them i decided to see what it was all about i installed one of the discs and it looked okay,Anyway a few days ago i went to clean up my pc and i found that in the add/remove i foun the geographic was stil there so went to uninsall it but i failed a box appeared and said.
'error loading C:/progra~1/common~1/install~1/engine\6\intel3~1/ctor.dll uninstall_cmd> The specified module could not be found'Can someone please explain to me what that means.I want to uninstall the national geographic prog.Help please.

Technotiger 14:35 04 Jan 07

Hi, I am not techie enough to explain what that error message means, but I do know that quite often, such a problem is resolved by actually reinstalling the program and then removing again using the usual Add/Remove in Contraol Panel.

Cheers

Daiol 15:25 04 Jan 07

Technotiger,Thanks for reply but i dont have the disc anylonger its with my grandson many miles away.Thanx.

rawprawn 16:09 04 Jan 07

Try Windows Install Clean up. If your program is listed it should clean it up.(Scroll down to download)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:25 04 Jan 07
  SLAYER 16:33 04 Jan 07

Ah just what I need.

Daiol 17:28 04 Jan 07

hi thanks for all that info but it looks very complicated to me i,m not very technical in that way i,m afraid i might cock it all up.

rawprawn 11:23 05 Jan 07

It's not technical, Make a restore point before you try anything. Download either of the two links and try, it's the only way to learn, but if you really have bad feelings about it then you will have to live with the niggle.

Daiol 11:46 05 Jan 07

Hi rawprawn,Many thanks for your thoughts on this prob that i have,but i'm thinking of this method what would you say to this idea.
:Set a restore point.

Delete the folder in C:\Program Files.

Go to Start>Run and type "regedit" (without the parentheses)

Under the Edit tab use "find" and "find next" to track down and delete the registry keys referring to the program.

hi thanks fo that info,can you just confirm onr thing before i start to delete.I did what you said found the reg keys belonging to the item but to double check under name it was 'default' then under type it was 'reg sz' then under data it said'the prog name'.When i right click on the default there was an potion to delete do i click on that or what?.never done this sort of thing before slightly weary of going into that dept. Can you plesae help me.

Daiol 11:00 07 Jan 07

Hi thanks for all u'r info it was very helpful indeed,but i found this bit of software & i took a chance and run it and it worked okay got rid of the national geographic and pc seems to be running as normal.This info might be handy for anyone else out there. Thanks a bunch once again to you all.

Software link here: click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…