Removing program remains

geoff47 16:33 25 Oct 05

I have a program installed by mistake,its in French so I have no idea how to use it,and cannot remember why I installed it now.It is called Allchar....but this post is more than asking about that program.I have been looking through Windows Explorer and have found lots of references for programs that I uninstalled long ago.I have just researched in these forums and have downloaded Zsoft uninstaller,but only the programs that are in the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs show in it.

So the question is how do I get rid of the remains of the programs that are no longer on the system?
I am using Win98 so dont have the roll back option,anyway the remains are scattered throughout so that would not apply as no single point would suffice.

Any help out there ?

howard63 16:43 25 Oct 05

there is a copy of uninstaller on a cover disk from several months ago. Try putting free prog uninstaller into google.

rowdy 17:04 25 Oct 05

You could start by downloading the above FREE program and running it to clear out any remains of old programs in the registry.

Just put the name into Google. Be sure to read the accompanying instructions on each of the three cleaning activities. Be sure to protect any Cookies you need for sites/banking etc - it is all in the notes.

rowdy

rawprawn 17:18 25 Oct 05

Try this for cleaning out your registry, it's good, it's safe, and it's free
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:50 25 Oct 05

Delete all iles and folders you no longer require

empty the recyclebin

and then run REgseeker from the link above.

palinka 22:22 25 Oct 05

How about Start> search>all files and folders>type in the name of the software >search now . Then delete all it finds. if it's the only piece of software on your machine from that "company" you can then repeat the proces with the company's name.

geoff47 01:56 26 Oct 05

Should I just delete the redundant files folders from Windows Explorer,empty recycle bin then run a registry cleaner?
As simple as that?
I always thought you shouldn't work that way....but of course if they are no longer installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…