removing password prompt

Florio 13:30 15 Mar 09

A lot of sites I regularly vist (including this forum!!) require a password and username; one of these is the webmail server I use for work.
We've all had to change our username and password, but the website naturally prompts me for the old ones. Is there any way to get rid of the prompt and memorise the new username and passworld without having to clear ALL the other usernames and passwords stored on my PC?
I'm running Vista Home Premium.
Florio

mfletch 18:26 15 Mar 09

Hi

Click Start and type Run in the Search field. Press Enter.

Type in rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr and click OK.

The Stored User Names and Passwords dialog box will appear.

You can remove an entry by selecting it from the list and clicking the Remove button.

Click Close.

click here

Florio 20:15 15 Mar 09

Many thanks mfletch. This solution would/should have been perfect, except the particular site I'm interested isn't listed (suprisingly, only 5 sites were shown, even if I have over 20 amongst my favourites for which I have to enter with username and password). Looks like I'll have to erase all of them and then slowly reset the usernames and passwords!!
Florio

mfletch 16:27 16 Mar 09

I use this click here Roboform when the trial runs out it becomes free but you can only use 10 passwords but for me that is enough

It more secure than the one in IE

One click and it takes you to the site you want and automatically signs you in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…