removing omega drivers, how?

acemark 09:21 15 Aug 04

Hello all,
I thought it's about time I installeed a new graphics driver for my 9800 pro Hercules card. So, I tried to uninstall the "omega" driver version that I have installed, but, no way can I get rid off it!!!
I've tried the uninstall that comes with it and , I'm getting a message stating that "file not found". A similar message appears if I try to use the windows "add/remove" program, in control panel. I checked out the Omega drivers website but there's nothing there either. I even tried installing Another omega driver (in the hope that it would then install the "missing" file, allowing me to get shot of the driver afterwards) but, of course, that didn't work ( I just ended up with x2 drivers that I couldn't get rid of!!!)
So, I tried removing the files relating to Omega from my hard drive, through "my computer" and then delving into the registry to erase related tabs etc in there, still no luck Any ideas folks?
I'm running windows xp home.

AcidBurn7uk 10:16 15 Aug 04

You could try just installing the standard ATI drivers from their website. However, some of the files may start to conflict with each other! If they don't conflict then you could try deleteing the omega driver folder from your drive and then remove the entries from the add/remove list by editing the registry. There are loads of good guides on the net on how to do this. If you can't find any of them then let us know and I will find one. Kinda in a hurry right no so don't have time to go a huntin' fa' one :P

REMEMBER TO BACKUP YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE YOU EDIT IT!!

acemark 13:53 16 Aug 04

Thank you for that Acid,
I just recieved a response from the man at Omega, he says to reinstall the driver I already have to put the missing file back, so, I'll have a go at that. Although I did try a different Omega driver , but it was a newer one.
Watch this space ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…