Removing Norton Products

griffo 13:17 20 Jul 07

I wish to remove Norton Systemworks 2003 but it isn't listed in Add/Remove Programs. So I have downloaded the Symantec Norton Removal Tool but this says I have to remove Norton Ghost 8 first.

However, Ghost 8 isn't listed in Add/Remove Programs either and I don't know how to get rid of it. Can anyone help please?

crosstrainer 13:22 20 Jul 07
  griffo 15:02 20 Jul 07

thanks for the reply - have looked here but can only find the uninstaller that I've already downloaded and that asks me to remove Ghost 8 first.

crosstrainer 16:15 20 Jul 07

Has it's own dedicated removal tool which you should see by clicking start>prigrams>norton>ghost It should be there in the sub list.

Stuartli 16:23 20 Jul 07

Just released Norton Removal Tool:

click here

crosstrainer 16:26 20 Jul 07

^

griffo 17:07 20 Jul 07

Oh dear!

crosstrainer - maybe it should, but it doesn't, just as it should be in add/remove programs but isn't. Goodness knows why??

Stuartli - that's the same as the one I've been trying to use but it tells me I have to remove Ghost 8 first - and I can't see a way to do that??

griffo 17:18 20 Jul 07

Here's a wierd thing - I just opened Ghost and it's version 9 not 8 ??

Why is the Removal Tool asking me to remove version 8?

I did a search for Ghost 8 and nothing was found!

crosstrainer 17:32 20 Jul 07

it might be worth scanning your registry to see if any entries are invalid be careful with these tools though, just look for the Norton ones.

click here

This will only scan your system...won't make any changes until you buy it, but it is reliable.

griffo 18:12 20 Jul 07

Got that on all my PC's and use it regularly. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Stuartli 18:24 20 Jul 07

The Norton Removal Tool link was to a version issued only yesterday - is it the same one?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017