Removing msn

Bingalau 17:35 18 Sep 05

My Daughter has phoned me telling me she can't remove msn from her computer. I suggested she go to Control Panel and then "Add/Remove Programs. She tells me she has tried that several times without success. I then said I didn't know how to do it but that I know a man who does? Anybody know how to do it please. Bingalau

johnnyrocker 17:37 18 Sep 05

are you talking about windows messenger or the msn messenger service and what operating system are we talking about.

johnny.

VoG II 17:38 18 Sep 05

Assuming that you mean MSN Messenger:

Start, Run, enter

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\inf\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

and click OK.

2drewej 17:49 18 Sep 05

try downloading "advanced unistall pro 2005"

i think your find it much easyier to remove using that , there is even a forced removal option , which will get rid of the program without uninstalling it.

jacob

2drewej 17:50 18 Sep 05

sorry thats " advanced Uninstaller 2005"

not advanced uninstall

Bingalau 17:57 18 Sep 05

johnny rocker and VoG. Many thanks for the quick response and I have forwarded your tips on to my daughter, but have not heard anything back from her yet. I think she is on Windows 98 2nd edition by the way but can't be sure, nor can I be sure which msn it is she is talking about but think it may well be messenger! Bingalau

Bingalau 18:37 18 Sep 05

2drewej...Where do we download "Advanced Uninstaller 2005" from please? I am still waiting for more news from my daughter but no contact at the moment. Thanks again for advice though, I will get back to let you all know how things turn out, when I find out myself.

VoG II 18:40 18 Sep 05

It appears not to be free click here

Bingalau 19:29 18 Sep 05

Vog...Thanks for that. at least now I know what it is and where to find it if required. Still not heard from my errant daughter, she must have gone out for the night....

2drewej 19:43 18 Sep 05

you do get a free trial though. which is all you need if you only want to take msn off.

stalion 19:46 18 Sep 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…