Removing MS Office 2007 Help please

Demora 17:05 09 Dec 08

HI.

AMD Thunderbird. Geforce GFX. 1gig ram. 200gig hdd and running winXP Pro sp3

Sort of reformatting the hard drive (using DBan) and totally reinstalling everything. How on earth can I get rid of Office 2007.

Add/Remove programmmes doesn't kill it and I've tried a work around from the ms website.

Removal gets so far and then I get a warning message something about corrupt files etc. I've also tried reinstalling to no avail.

I can't even uninstall service pack 3

An easyu quick qay Please.

TIA
D

Demora 17:06 09 Dec 08

Should have read 'Short of Formatting the hdd'

D

lotvic 17:18 09 Dec 08

have you tried repairing? click here
Start \ Programs \ Microsoft Office \ Microsoft Office Tools \ Microsoft Office Diagnostics

What are the problems you have that necessitate removing Office 2007 and uninstalling SP3?

oldbeefer2 17:19 09 Dec 08

Try Technotiger's advice click here

Demora 19:11 09 Dec 08

The reason I want to get rid of Office 2007 is that I find it a little too much glitz. and I could use the space on my hard drive for other stuff.

D

lotvic 23:05 09 Dec 08

According to click here you just insert the Office 2007 CD and tick the 'remove' option.

Demora 09:00 10 Dec 08

Thanks for the link oldbeefer2, worked a treat. I tried all other ways of the removal. Technotigers way was great.

Thanks again.

D

Technotiger 09:07 10 Dec 08

Thanks friend, Grreat work. I had not seen this thread until now, but that's the way to do it .....

Demora - thanks too for your feedback. Feedback is a great help to others looking for solutions, I wish more people would give feedback!

oldbeefer2 09:32 10 Dec 08

My pleasure. I try to note threads which might help me in the future or have helped in the past. The amount I have learnt about confusers from those more capable than me in the last few years has been incredible. Thanks to these forums I am getting something of a 'Mr Fixit' reputation among my neighbours!

lotvic 09:33 10 Dec 08

Thanks to oldbeefer2, Technotigers advice and Demoras feedback I've learnt how to do it as well :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…