Removing memory cards ?

Magik ®© 11:09 14 Nov 04

hi, If the PC has a memory card reader, can you just push the cards in, or take them out, without switching it off, sort of like you can with USB, or floppy disk...

thanks

smurfling 11:29 14 Nov 04

The simple answer is yes, you can "hot swap" them

Gongoozler 11:33 14 Nov 04

As smurfling says, you can remove the cards without switching off BUT you must make sure they are not being read from or written to at the time. The card reader usually has a light to indicate the card is being accessed, so check the instructions.

Magik ®© 12:45 14 Nov 04

thank you both for that, did not want to use it for the first time and make a pigs ear of it.

Pidder 14:42 14 Nov 04

As they say above, my experience is to remove the card before switching off anything but to make sure the light on the reader is not flashing. I also wait after removing the card and switching off the HP printer, (which contains the reader), then disconnecting the USB connection only when the cursor stops flashing. I disconnect the USB because it slows down my PC (98SE) and if I don't wait, the PC freezes|

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…