Removing Malware

Not sure if what I am going to ask is allowed, but here goes!! -
A friend has tried unsuccessfully to download BT Broadband and after some very lengthy phone concersations with their "Help" (!!) line, has been told that she has Malware and needs to get it removed before the Broadband can be installed.
Turning to me for help (!!!) all I can find are sites where Anti Malware can be downloaded. But as she does not have access to the Internet, this is not an option.
Is there a disk I can obtain for her, either from yourselves or elsewhere, which she could then use in her system?
Once she is up and running, I will tell her to register with this Help Forum, as I think it is a wonderful means of obtaining practical help - usually free!!!

Marko797 14:21 03 Mar 09

well, as u seem to be connected, why don't u try & dl the required anti-malware, say to a pen drive? Is that something which u can do? If so, come back & will provide list of reliable free programs which ur friend could use.

I can obtain a pen drive, so details of reliable programs would be much appreciated.

Clapton is God 14:44 03 Mar 09

A very reliable anti-malware scanner to use now click here make sure you scroll down the page and click on a-squared Free. The only problem with doing it the way you intend is that, once installed on your friend's PC, you cannot connect to the internet to download the latest definitions. But better that, than nothing.

Once she's up and running on the net, this is a very reliable malware blocker which runs actively in the background click here

And for anti-virus click here

Marko797 14:50 03 Mar 09

here we go:

Superantispyware - click here u need the 2nd one down (Free)

Malwarebytes anti-malware - click here

spybot search & destroy - click here

Once installed, do an update, then run on the infected pc.

Marko797 14:52 03 Mar 09

that she's not web connected. However she needs to be clean of infection before, so run the above just to ensure machine is clean. Then install the BT Broadband.

Very many thanks for the suggestions you have both come up with.
Unfortunately I cannot see my friend for a couple of days, but will prepare the downloads and, hopefully, sort out her problem, in due course!!
I will post a response, a.s.a.p. and look forward to ticking the "Resolved" box!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…