Removing Malware

Marier 15:26 13 Jul 07

I've got a problem with the w32.Myzor and ErrorSafe malware. I've downloaded removal instructions from Symantec but can't find any of the registry entries or other files they say to delete.
In the meantime, I can't use IE, can't run Symantec's online tool (which only works in IE...).

Any other suggestions?
Many thanks

recap 15:38 13 Jul 07

Download Spyware Doctor click here You can download this from another PC and save to a USB stick then install on your system.

postie24 15:40 13 Jul 07

There is no such "real" [email protected] virus. That warning is fake. It is a scam to attempt to get you to purchase a rogue malware removal product. The balloon about "You computer is infected", is always false, phony and fradulant. The actual trojan that has caused your problem is no doubt one of the hundreds (now in the thousands)of varients of what is commonly called "Zlob".

But your computer is indeed infected. This infection is called Smitfraud and it will give you phony scam virus warnings( and often redirect you to a site selling a bogus anti virus product), trying to sell you junk such asPest Capture, Pest Trap, Virus Burst, Spyware Quake and other non working anti virus apps.

Information and proceduresand a free removal tool for the removal of Smitfraud are here
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac