//some 3rd party need geo

Removing items from msconfig

Rhuddlan 18:15 01 May 03

I have two items I would like to remove from msconfig, I have traced there location in the hard disk and in the registry editor and they don't seem to be here, but they are still located in msconfig, so is there a way that I can remove these unwanted items which originated off the Internet, from msconfig, thanks for any help given.

froggg 18:29 01 May 03

not clear what you want-items in msconfig can usually be unticked,but I feel you need to download(free) spybot s+d which will search for and delete spurious programmes that have been sneakily installed on your computer.good luck

bowman 19:19 01 May 03

If you are happy to edit the registry, then look here:

HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run

(Notice the two "rr" in current)I take it you are running win98se? Click on the + next to each folder.

Don't forget to "BACKUP" before making any changes to the registry. Highlite the program you want to remove in the right hand pane, then right click and select "DELETE"

Messing with the registry can be more trouble than it's worth, so on your own head be it........

The entries take up so little space is it really worth the bother? unless you are like me and like to keep a tidy PC.........

Hope this helps.

Rhuddlan 19:42 02 May 03

I have Win XP Home and have looked in the run part of the registry, but these items are not in here, thanks for the help.

hugh-265156 19:55 02 May 03

what are they? untick them and they wont load at start up if causes you problems just put the tick back.

DieSse 19:57 02 May 03

If you want to tidy up - then get System Mechanic - click here - 25 day free trial - tidies up lots including the start-up group.

bowman 20:36 02 May 03

Have a read here:

Msconfig and Troubleshooting Tools in Windows XP......

click here

Look about half way down.

Hope this helps.

woodchip 20:48 02 May 03

In msconfig make a note of the last item in the path, copy it exact, then open Regedit and type into the find box under edit in the menu press enter delete the item it find's press F3 to go to next entry in reg and so on until you have removed it

Rhuddlan 10:22 04 May 03

Thanks everyone, I have finally got rid of these annoyning items, regards, Rhuddlan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…