Removing Internet Explorer Logo ie. provided by.

billyliv 09:48 28 Apr 03

Hi, A long time ago I read instructions on how to remove the logo 'Provided by freeserve' but cant remember where. Anyone point me in the right direction?. Cheers, Bill

Offline 09:51 28 Apr 03

Go to Start, choose Run, and type or paste "rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear" without the quotes.
Then enter, should be gone.

Pesala 09:54 28 Apr 03

I don't have Freeserve, but surely all you have to do is right-click on the icon, select properties, and choose a new icon from C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE - or are you talking about an icon that is not on the Desktop or Taskbar?

billyliv 10:22 28 Apr 03

Hi Pesala, I dont have freeserve iether. I am not talking about icons, I am talking about the info on the top of the screen when Internet Explorer is opened ie. Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by freeserve. A mate of mine wants to remove the freeserve bit. I had already suggested uninstalling Internet Explorer through 'Add Remove Programs' and then re-installing I.E.6 from the PCA. disc but he doesn't want to uninstal. cheers, Bill

Offline 10:27 28 Apr 03

The command above entered into the Run box will do that billyliv.

billyliv 10:32 28 Apr 03

Cheers Offline, I will do that when I get to his machine. Thanks. Bill

DieSse 10:37 28 Apr 03

Or you can get the free trial of iolo System Mechanic, and set it up just how you want. click here

tbh72 10:50 28 Apr 03

Just a thought. I can't remember how it's done, but im sure one of the suggestions above will be correct.

By removing that information, I believe IE WONT work properly and it will effect your browsing?

VoG™ 11:09 28 Apr 03

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,Clear

will remove the branding; it will not have any effect on browsing etc.

Note: the command is case-sensitive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…