removing hard-drive partition without formatting

23790954 23:29 07 Feb 04

I am using windows 98 se. Due to a problem I formatted my hard-drive, and re-installed all my software. Since then, when I check my hard drive space, it shows only 1.9gb used and less than 1gb left to use. When I check the circle it is nearly full. I know for certain that my hard drive has a capacity of 20gb, but I think when I reinstalled my software I must have made some error, as my hard drive now reads as disc1
which it did not do before. I must therefore have partitioned my hard drive by accident. Is there any way I can remove this or these partitions, without having to format my hard drive again. Thanks for any help.

dfghjkl 23:34 07 Feb 04

try partition magic.it does what it says.its magic and it will let you sort out your partitions to how you like,without any formating.

gudgulf 23:57 07 Feb 04

I think you may have used FAT16 when you partitioned--this will only allow a small partition.You need to cange to FAT32 which will recognise your full hd capacity.Partition magic will do the trick---However I have a utility from an old cover disc that creates a bootable floppy disc and lets you mess with partitions to your hearts content!.Email me if you want a copy and I'll sent it to you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…