removing flash from pics?

johnnyrocker 22:51 10 Dec 07

this may be a silly question but here goes, i have xp pro olympus camera and camedia to download pics, irfanview for editing, my question is that today i took a couple of pics of friends on a train as they left, my query is that as i took the pics the flash went off when i thought it bright enough not to as a result somepics have the flash bouncing back off the train window and rather spoiling things, is there anything i can do to minimise or remove this effect please?

johnny.

MAJ 23:11 10 Dec 07

Maybe cloning but I don't think Irfanview offers that option, johnnyrocker. Or maybe something using layers, like taking a non-flashed window from one picture and overlaying it on the flashed window picture, but again, I don't think Irfanview offers that option either. "Gimp" does though. click here

octal 23:12 10 Dec 07

Yes you could be able to do that using a manipulation program and air brush the flash out, I have successfully done that using Gimp, but I think Adobe Photoshop works just as well.

johnnyrocker 23:21 10 Dec 07

my thanks for that info, i have downloaded it and will set about playing tomorrow and see what happens, again my thanks.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

Apple predictions 2017