removing flash from pics?

johnnyrocker 22:51 10 Dec 07

this may be a silly question but here goes, i have xp pro olympus camera and camedia to download pics, irfanview for editing, my question is that today i took a couple of pics of friends on a train as they left, my query is that as i took the pics the flash went off when i thought it bright enough not to as a result somepics have the flash bouncing back off the train window and rather spoiling things, is there anything i can do to minimise or remove this effect please?

johnny.

MAJ 23:11 10 Dec 07

Maybe cloning but I don't think Irfanview offers that option, johnnyrocker. Or maybe something using layers, like taking a non-flashed window from one picture and overlaying it on the flashed window picture, but again, I don't think Irfanview offers that option either. "Gimp" does though. click here

octal 23:12 10 Dec 07

Yes you could be able to do that using a manipulation program and air brush the flash out, I have successfully done that using Gimp, but I think Adobe Photoshop works just as well.

johnnyrocker 23:21 10 Dec 07

my thanks for that info, i have downloaded it and will set about playing tomorrow and see what happens, again my thanks.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…