Removing entry`s from Startup.

Meshuga 08:38 25 Feb 07

I want to untick entry`s in my Startup list in order to speed up bootup but cannot identify what they are and I understand that you should leave certain entry`s in. The following are those I cannot identify.
NWIZ-RNmail-jusched-MSASCui-SNDmon-LYCOMsx-E_SOBIC1-EASYMAIN-NVCPL. Can anyone tell me what these are and is it safe to untick them for the time being. They all show as HKLM/Software.
Are thre any that should never be disabled. Many thanks.

Meshuga 08:40 25 Feb 07

Sorry, should have said that my OS is XPhome.

Technotiger 08:52 25 Feb 07

Hi, leave them well alone, unless you really know what you are doing ...

click here

€dstowe 08:56 25 Feb 07

Startup Inspector might be useful to you.

click here

Technotiger 09:01 25 Feb 07

click here

click here

but take care ..... if it aint broke, don't fix it.

Cheers

Meshuga 09:10 25 Feb 07

Hi Technotiger, I am puzzled by your reply since on occasions in the past I have seen advice given to members to go to msconfig and startup and untick unnecesary entry`s to speed up bootup. It`s just that I can`t identify which to untick. Can you clarify please.

Thank you too €dstowe.

SLAYER 09:13 25 Feb 07

This may help you identify your startup items.
click here

Meshuga 09:17 25 Feb 07

Many thanks SLAYER, looks very useful, have bookmarked it.

SLAYER 09:40 25 Feb 07

Thanks for the feedback.

Technotiger 09:49 25 Feb 07

... thing is, neither can I, apart from some which are obvious - known programs for instance. I am not a techie, so I personally am very careful what I fiddle with on my own machine, which is why I advise caution. My machine (fingers crossed) is always running smoothly, it is fast enough for me, my desktop and web pages open instantly, and start-up and shut-down takes only seconds. I have 56 processes running and over three columns of listed programs in my Start/All Programs.
I do regular disk maintenance, keeping temp files and other junk to a minimum, hard-drives (560Gb) always fully defragged - these are the sort of things which I believe keep things the way one would always like them to be - with the minimum of 'extra' fiddling.
I hope all that makes sense.

It will also speed startup if you create a folder on your desktop and drop any icons for programmes that aren't used regualrly into it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017