Removing DVD drive ffro Mesh PC

ddma 19:29 15 Nov 03

Does anyone know the technique of how to remove my DVD drive from the tower case of my 1 year old Mesh PC. There doesn't seem to be any screws to undo so I am a bit lost!! I want to exchange it for a DVD writer.
Thanks

Proxy Worm 19:47 15 Nov 03

There has to be screw- Push it towards the front panel of the computer then that might reveal something. Phone mesh up and ask them to tell you where they put there screw! Lol

©®@$? 19:56 15 Nov 03

it may not be screwed in as i have a case which uses sliders that clip into the removable drives and slide into a groove in the case

when you take the side off the case you should see where the drive is fixed to, there should be some screws noticable at the side of the drive holding the drive into the case, if you cannot see them.then it amy be possible you have a similar case to me,removing the front of the case off on mine reveals the clips that hold my drives in and you can squeeze the clips and slide the drive out from the case..make sure you have the wires dissconnected before you do this, i am only going by my case and that you havn't got any screws, so your setup may be slightly different

ddma 17:51 17 Nov 03

Thanks for all help. my 12 year old son figured out how to do it!!! Darren

Jester2K II 17:57 17 Nov 03

Reminds me of the quote by Groucho Marx

"A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…