Removing Dual Boot Setup

SmiffyRebel 17:14 05 Mar 03

I had a Windows XP/98SE dual boot setup I no longer need the 98SE part of it. I have removed 98SE and re-sized the harddrive into one partition, my problem is removing the multiple choice on boot up, I have looked at the boot.ini file but I am not sure what entry should be there if any, also where can I find a guide to the DOS commands that are available on Windows XP Pro, and last but not least does anyone know where to get cheap cables as I am sure that £15.00 for a ATA 133 IDE ribbon cable is well over the top, especially when they only cost $1.95 on an American website.
Thank For Any Help Recieved

©®@$ђ 17:32 05 Mar 03

this is my boot.ini for xp pro only

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

so if you have another entry which states windows that needs to be deleted but make sure you back up the boot.ini before tinkering

SmiffyRebel 18:02 07 Mar 03

Thanks A Lot for that it seems to have done the job.
Cheers

temp003 06:41 08 Mar 03

Try Windows XP Help. It should give you a list. Go to Help, and Search for "MD-DOS command", and you should get a glossary (at least that's the case for my Windows 2000 OS).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…