Removing DirectX 9.0a

goll_y 09:04 06 Jun 03

How do I remove directx 9.0a? I need to revert to using an earlier one eg. 8.0 because I've been having problems with it?

I've got Windows 2000 Professional. Please help

Stuartli 09:16 06 Jun 03

All the information you require, including the fact that you cannot uninstall DirectX, is detailed by Microsoft on its DirectX webpages:

click here

The Spires 09:20 06 Jun 03

It is my understanding that you cannot remove it once installed, if you installed it from Microsoft you recieved a warning to that effect before you installed. It's never a gooid idea to update DirectX unless you really need to. If you have System Restore & a point before you did the upgrade you could go back using it.

MichelleC 11:22 06 Jun 03

There r utilities to uninstall v9. It's always a good idea to get the latest v's (that's if you trust the software makers - and we do, don't we?). I upgraded for dv editing and no probs on W2k on 2 pc's.

Bring up dxdiag.exe. and disable, reboot and re-able and this may clear probs.

soy 11:22 06 Jun 03

Yep, You can't unistall DirectX unless you have made restore points before you installed it. There would have been a warning telling you about this in the installation procedure.

hugh-265156 12:13 06 Jun 03

if you got 9.0a a while back its possable that its the beta version.this has caused problems for some.

go to start/run and type dxdiag ok.then click the direct x files tab and if most are listed as beta then get the final version from click here

install this as you would any other program

hugh-265156 12:26 06 Jun 03

you seem to be having some difficulty.i noticed you have a few threads going on.might be best just to keep it all in the one place.easier to keep track then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…