Removing / deleting a network drive

number69 20:34 21 Jan 05

When I click on my computer it shows a network drive
of 4 gb. (2gb used 2 gb free), I no longer use the program that required it. If I click disconect it disapears until the next time the computer is switched on, but then it reapears.
How can delete / remove it.
Windows XP pro

Kegger 21:10 21 Jan 05

Right click 'My computer' and then select 'disconect network drive' highlight the drive you wish to disconect and select OK, this should work permantley unless you have installed a program or batch file to reconect on start up

number69 22:08 21 Jan 05

Doing that disconects / makes the drive disappear until the computer is restarted. The program that used it is no longer there so i dont know what else would reconect it.

Kegger 22:18 21 Jan 05

what was the program that you used? it has added an entry / batch file etc which will reconnect until it is removed / deleted every time you reboot. if you can tell me what it is i will track down what you have to do to resolve. Kegger

number69 22:27 21 Jan 05

The program was from a company that supplies spare parts.It is a catalogue with internet ordering facility and account data. The program was originally installed on 2 networked computers with
the database and account details stored in the virtual drive the idea being that parts could be ordered from either computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…