//some 3rd party need geo

Removing dead links from IE address bar

chrismuir 08:57 28 Jun 04

Hi

Was searching for a particular holiday website this weekend, and after far too many attempts at guessing the url, I finally got it. When I next went in to look at it, as I type the intial part of the address, I get all the versions of the url that I tried come up. Is there any way, other than completely clearing the history which loses me all the other sites I have been looking at, to remove the dead links from the address bar so that when I type the initial part of the web address in, the address auto completes.

Ta

Chris

Arthur Scrimshaw 09:02 28 Jun 04

In IE, click on tools, internet options, clear history - that should do the trick.

Arthur Scrimshaw 09:05 28 Jun 04

Sorry - just saw the bit about not clearing the rest of the history- I can't think of a way of selectively doing this though I'm sure someone will know.

powerless 09:16 28 Jun 04

Start, Run, Type: regedit

Click OK.

File, Export, enter a name. Any problems double click the saved file and it will restore the reg [or file, import]

Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

You can delete the ones you want...deleted from here.

chrismuir 17:26 28 Jun 04

Ta

That worked fine, dead links deleted. I am curious now, is it possible to view all the urls that IE remembers (not just the ones I have typed) so that I can clear out all the web addresses that I no longer use without clearing the history?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…