Removing data from Fat32 system

MIKE. 08:34 08 Nov 10

I have a friend who has been using a FAT32 system and has just bought a new PC with NTFS. How do I transfer her email contacts and emails and other data. I have an external Hard Drive but the FAT32 does not recognise itas it is in NTFS. Help please!!!!!!!!

KremmenUK 08:41 08 Nov 10

Most Flash Memory devices are formatted to FAT.

You should be able to copy any file to a FAT memory stick which can be read by a NTFS system OK.

bjh 08:59 08 Nov 10

Which OS and email program are you using?

MIKE. 09:06 08 Nov 10

First of all thank you to KremmenUK for your help which im sure will help.

To bjh the OS it is going to is Win7 and the email programme is from Outlook Express going to WLM

bjh 12:18 08 Nov 10

Email for outlook express is kept in a folder called
C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\...a long number...\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Copy the whole folder to the pendrive. Doesn't matter how it is formatted. (It is worth tidying up email before saving it... no need to take the dross and dregs onto a new machine)

Launce Live Mail... Click on lefthand icon in the menulist (left of Home), and Import Messages, choose Outlook Express, and then just select the mail you want across...

For Contacts... (I think...) Save address book from Outlook onto the pendrive... Click on Contacts (bottom left pane) in Live Mail, click on Import on the toolbar ribbon, select WAB filetype, then select the pendrive as source...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…