Removing Boot Message

Octoz 13:25 23 Jun 03

I was running Win2k and 98se as a dual boot system.
PIII 550Mhz, 256SDRam

Had to remove win2k as had major problems with a combination of drivers but still have a message at boot up" Please choose your operating system" it gives me a choice of Win2k or Windows. I highlight Windows and the system continues to boot. How can I get back to just switching on and booting up completely without entering the option?

S Walch 13:30 23 Jun 03

Seeing as though it's still asking to boot up with either win2K or windows - could some files of win2K have still been left during the uninstall?

Unfortunantly - sometimes uninstalls don't always uninstall everything - so there may still be some win2k files in the registry.

woodchip 14:36 23 Jun 03

Start with your Win98 floppy disc leave it until it gets to A:\> then type FDISK/MBR press enter then reboot you Dos boot Message should be gone

Octoz 15:43 23 Jun 03

Thanks to Beta & Woodchip. Think I can probably sort it out from here.
Woodchip, If I do as you say will I lose all the data on C: or is it just an instruction within the floppy?

woodchip 16:46 23 Jun 03

You will not lose anything it will just Put the Master Boot Record back to Win98

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…