Removing On Board Sound

Slithe 19:36 27 May 05

Hi – I brought a new PC recently and am in the process of removing all the onboard features, as I have better cards to replace them with.

I’ve been helped by this forum in the past with the issue of onboard graphics (which I am grateful for) now I need help with removing the on board sound.

The Motherboard is a Snapper and the Bios is Phoenix Award v6.

What I would like to know is, when I install the card do I just place it in to a PCI slot and set it up and the BIOS will automatically detect the change or do I have to go into the BIOS and disable on board sound first?

Second point, the on board sound has an audio lead attached to my DVD-RW drive, can I simply remove this and plug in the one from the sound card, or does the lead have to be taken completely away from the board?

Ta

Carpigiani 19:43 27 May 05

1) Go into the Bios & disable the on-board sound.
2) Install the new card.
3) Remove to audio lead from the Mobo & plug into new sound card.
4) Boot system & install drivers for new sound card.

Slithe 19:48 27 May 05

Where abouts is the audio lead from the Mobo?

Carpigiani 19:57 27 May 05

The lead that goes from the DVD Drive should unplug from the on board sound connector on the motherboard & plug into the sound card.

Or remove it completely & fit the new audio lead which probably came with the sound card between the sound card & DVD Drive.

Slithe 20:15 27 May 05

TA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…