Removing Bluetooth Icon from desktop

Tazfan 19:48 21 Nov 04

Since installing bkuetooth software, I have an icon on my desktop that I cant remove. if I drag and drop into another folder it only creates a shortcut leaving the original behind, and there is no option upon right click to delete it.

Apart from Tweak UI (which I dnt have because of major problems it caused me when I tried it months ago) can anyone suggest a way to get rid of the Icon?

As always, thank you in advance for your time and trouble helping.

XP Home by the way.

Technotiger 08:00 22 Nov 04

Hi, can you not drag it to the Recycle Bin - then right-click on bin and empty it.

rawprawn 09:00 22 Nov 04

Try going into C:/docoments and settings then Desktop and delete it from there. If it still doesn't delete try in safe mode (Tap F8 when booting)

Tazfan 12:41 22 Nov 04

It cannot be dragged into the recycle bin or right clicked and deleted.

Just removed it from C:/docs n settinfs etc (great idea, thanks), and I was able to remove it from there (it was a shortcut), but lo and behold, it is still on my desktop. It behaves in a similar fashion to the My Network Icon on ME. Once on your desktop, you cant get rid of it.

I cant even drag it to the toolbar to save on there, because all it does it create a shortcut, leaving the original on the desktop!

Any other suggestions?

Technotiger 13:04 22 Nov 04

Hi again, seems to me the answer would lie in a registry edit, but I am not qualified enough to give any details - tho I am sure someone else can, and will. Good luck.

rawprawn 13:11 22 Nov 04

OK try this, right click on your desktop, select "Arrange Icons By / Run Desktop Cleanup" and make sure your bluetooth icon is ticked. Untick any icon you do not want to remove,

Tazfan 14:34 22 Nov 04

rawprawn, THANK YOU!!!

It worked.

Yet again, PCA strikes Gold.

Technotiger 14:55 22 Nov 04

Nice one - Thankx from me too - still learning.
Or, now why didn't I think of that!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…