Removing black printer ink.

The Kestrel 13:03 31 Oct 04

I managed to get the black ink from a cartidge all over my hands. I have tried washing up liquid, swarfega, white spirit & meths to remove it. Although some has been removed, I still have a distinctly black shade to my left hand. Anyone got any ideas of how to remove the ink please?

stalion 13:29 31 Oct 04

try here is says mild bleach do not use very strong it can cause dermatitis if it damages your hand click here

pj123 13:40 31 Oct 04

Very difficult. That is the main reason why I stopped refilling cartridges. I found it does disappear after a few days of normal washing though. You could also try pumice stone occasionally.

The Kestrel 15:57 31 Oct 04

Thanks to you both for your suggestions. I decided to give the bleach a miss, but had a good scrub with a pumice stone. It has improved the appearance of my hand somewhat, and I think I will leave the rest to my normal handwashing and time.

only me 09:57 01 Nov 04

Hi i use to use bakers fluid which made your hands brown but if you washed a pair of socks it got rid of it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…