Removing ASK screen that overrides Firefox?

spuds 09 Apr 12
Answered

On opening Mozilla Firefox browser, I seem to have hit a problem with ASK Jeeves screenshot that blanks out (covers over)Firefox, so making Firefox not usable.

I have tried a number of things without resolving the problem. Basically I want to retain Firefox and get rid of ASK, so I can have full clear use of Firefox?.

Any help would be appreciated.

rdave13 09 Apr 12

Try starting FF in safe mode. Press and hold the SHIFT key when starting FF. Disable Ask if in plug-ins. Change your homage. Go to programs and features and uninstall Ask if showing there.

rdave13 09 Apr 12

Homage = homepage!

spuds 09 Apr 12
Answer

I eventually removed ASK and Firefox via Revo Uninstaller. Downloaded and re-installed Firefox. Everything now seems to be back to normal.

rdave13. Thank you for the suggestions and help. Very much welcomed and appreciated.

Will now tick as resolved.

rdave13 09 Apr 12

Glad you're sorted. Sorry I couldn't help.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message