Removing arrows from Desktop Icons

westmoor 11:32 21 Oct 03

There was a snippet of information about removing the arrows from desktop icons in PC Advisor some time ago but I have searched all my back copies and can't find it.
Does anyone know how to do this.

woodchip 11:39 21 Oct 03

It depends on What Operating System You are using if Win98 or WinME You need Tweak UI v 1.33 from click here or if XP you need Power Toys from same link. For Tweak UI unzip the file then right click on the .INF file and choose install it is the same with Power Toys but I think with power toys as there are several different programs in it you would have to choose the right one to install the Program when installed is in the Control Panel

keith-236785 11:41 21 Oct 03

tweakXP if you are using windowsXP,

microangelo from click here is a useful prog.

hoverman 11:42 21 Oct 03

TweakUI will get rid of them. Click on 'Explorer' and then 'Shortcut' and put a tick in 'None'.

plsndrs3 11:42 21 Oct 03

I use Tweak, but it depends on you operating system which one you need at click here It doeas a lot more than just remove the arrows!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…