removing aol8

iqs 13:13 22 Feb 04

hello...this week i should be receiving my bt yahoo broadband kit.before or after the installation i will be uninstalling aol8,i hope.the rason why i state i hope...i was informed the aol software integrates itself into other programs making it difficult to not sure how true this is.i was hoping it was a simple case of accessing add/remove programs,click remove then no more aol.bye bye aol hello bt .
so before i attempt this task any advice or tips please.
best regards

ch0pper 13:34 22 Feb 04

If you navigate to the AOL folder/directory you'll find a Remove AOL icon.

If you click this, AOL will remove itself entirely from your system except for the fact that it will retain AOL deleted Files and AOL deleted Folder icons on your desktop which will contain backup copies of your screen name details and emails etc etc.

If you plan never to use AOL again you can delete these items, best done, I suspect, by using Windows Explorer or the DOS prompt to completely delete the AOL folder.

iqs 14:06 22 Feb 04

hi and thanks for you reply.i have tried to find the aol folder/directory,but no luck yet.could you please point me in the right direction.thanks iqs

colberly 14:10 22 Feb 04

When I removed AOL I did it via the add/remove programmes in settings/control panel. I then did a search for file/folders and removed everything that I could find that said AOL. It worked for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…