Removing all traces of uninstalled programs

keewaa 18:37 04 May 06

What programs would you recommend to remove all traces of uninstalled programs ? Thanks.

961 18:44 04 May 06

RegSeeker or Crapcleaner

Both pretty safe to use and free

Get the download links from Google

Skills 18:46 04 May 06

Something like CCleaner and a reg cleaner such as Regclean and then manually going through the program files folder and delete any left over folders I also check the application data folders as well from documents and settings.

Skills 18:46 04 May 06

That should read RegCleaner sorry

bluto1 18:49 04 May 06

Hi, On the CD that accompanied Issue 129 of our mag a programme called Advanced Uninstaller was on the trial software section. I used it and managed to uninstall some bits that had been left behind in Add/Remove programmes. Its on a 20 day trial. If any of these pieces are in the registry, then a good Registry cleaner is required.

De Nada 19:29 04 May 06

go to start,run, type regedit,click on edit(top left)click find,type the program you wish to remove right click what it finds, click delete,tap F3 to see if it has more to delete and tap F3 after each deletion until all trace has gone.

The Spires 20:20 04 May 06

click here Free utility, needs no installation, enables you to search the registry like Regedit but finds all the entries in the same window.

skidzy 20:25 04 May 06

click here
click here
click here

These should help clearing any obsolete registry paths.

Dennis1 22:55 05 May 06

I've been using this reg cleaner click here for a bit now, and found it ok, but most of those mentioned are good ones too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…